HARLEY-DAVIDSON® Service Checklist
Regularly scheduled service is highly recommended not only for the safety of your motorcycle, but for the safety of you as a rider as well.
Whether you’ve been coming here since day one or if you’ve never utilized our service department, no problem! We’re here to keep your motorcycle running in peak performance. We also offer a fully stocked parts department as well MotorClothes®, and so much more!
Did you know we also offer a whole host of perks such as lifetime battery replacement, FIN GPS security, Ride Unlimited, and Learn to Ride programs just to name a few. Stop by our Vacaville, CA dealership, call, or contact us today to learn more.
Below is a list of work performed during every major service. Use this page as a guide to help you along your Harley-Davidson Service journey!
HARLEY-DAVIDSON 1,000-MILE SERVICE CHECKLIST
- Replace engine oil and filter
- Inspect oil lines and brake system for leaks
- Inspect air cleaner and service as required
- Check tire pressure and inspect tread
- Check tightness of wheel spokes
- Replace transmission lubricant
- Check clutch adjustment
- Replace primary case fluid
- Check primary chain adjustment
- Inspect rear belt and sprockets and adjust belt
- Check, adjust, and lube throttle, brake enrichers and clutch controls
- Inspect and lube jiffy stand
- Inspect fuel valve, lines, and fittings for leaks
- Check brake fluid levels and condition
- Inspect brake pads and discs for wear
- Check spark plugs
- Check operation of electrical equipment & switches
- Check & adjust engine idle speed
- Adjust steering head bearings
- Inspect shock absorbers
- Check tightness of critical fasteners
- Road test